What’s User Focus, and why should I come?
User Focus is DC’s premier event for anyone involved with crafting useful user experiences – from students to new practitioners to seasoned professionals. This is the conference you must attend if you want to:
- LEARN about the latest trends in UX, find creative new tools, and pick up innovative techniques you can use immediately to make your work more effective.
- CONNECT with other UXers to share stories, network about new job opportunities, or find talent for your organization.
- GET MOTIVATED to use what you learn on your very next project!
What’s on this year’s program?
This year’s program features a wide array of hot topics and dynamic speakers who will teach you things that you can use right away. Here’s a sneak peek at some of this year’s highlights:
- Creating accessible experiences: Christine Armstrong (Principal UX Consultant and Creative Manager at Aquilent) will expound on 5 common accessibility mistakes and tools you can use to avoid them.
- Designing effective cross-channel experiences: Jason Vasilas (Senior User Experience Strategist at Usability Sciences) will tell us about how we can provide a seamless and consistent experience across channels – including Web, mobile, email, social media and in-store.
- Advocating for UX in your organization: Jonathan Rubin (UX Program Manager at U.S. General Services Administration) will enlighten the federal audience about how to successfully acquire the permissions you need to conduct federal user experience studies.
- Marketing yourself in UX: Kim Bieler (UX Manager at FireEye) will discuss techniques for designing a UX resume that will get you hired.